Lines, dark spots, and dull skin are all effects of aging skin due to sun exposure. Too much sun can cause cancer, so obviously the sun is horrible for your skin. If you want to know how to prevent early aging keep reading!
- When to stay out of the sun- The rays are the strongest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. so make sure to stay indoors or wear protective clothing.
- Avoid tanning beds- There is no such things as safe tanning. The better alternative if you want a darker tan is a spray tan!
- Apply generously- Get a shot glass and fill it up with sunscreen. You should apply one teaspoon to your face and one ounce (shot glass) to your body every day. Tip: Your hands get the most sun exposure on your whole body. After applying your moisturizer/ anti-aging creams at night, use the left over on your hands!
- Sunscreen for sensitive skin- Cream based products are best for sensitive skin. Avoid products with Retin-A, Stieva-A, Retisol-A, Rejuva-A, Parabens, Renova, and Vitamin A acid. Those ingredients dry out the skin. The best sunscreens are fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. However, it may be frustrating and time-consuming to find a sunscreen suitable for you. Contact me to look for your products for you!
- What to wear- Invest in a fashionable floppy hat to keep your face, neck and chest out of the sun!